WHAT IS EYEBROW MICROBLADING?
Eyebrow Microblading (or 3D eyebrow enhancement, micropigmentation, microblading, hairstrokes) is a technique for applying semi-permanent makeup to the eyebrow area with fine, detailed hairstrokes. It’s perfect for anyone who desires a soft, natural enhancement to their eyebrow. Each eyebrow embroidery appointment includes the initial consultation, brow design + shaping, custom color blending, and topical anesthesia. Sterile, hypo-allergenic cosmetic pigments are placed under the top layer of the skin using single-use individual sterile needles during the eyebrow embroidery process. Christopher uses the SofTap handstroke method, in which the “hairs” have a very realistic appearance. We also perform Permanent Makeup Training in nyc and Miami (permanent makeup nyc)
HOW MUCH DOES COST?
A consultation with Christopher is needed prior to giving a price, as all brows are different, and the amount of work is unknown until he sees what they are like. However, there are two pricing ‘levels’ for Miami Brows’ eyebrow embroidery services.
WHAT COLOR OR SHAPE SHOULD I CHOOSE?
Christopher consults with all clients prior to beginning any service and makes recommendations in addition to reviewing photo examples of various brow shapes and styles. He then custom blends each brow pigment/color to appear most natural for individual skin tone – as well as client preferences. Both brow shape and color are designed to enhance each client’s unique facial features.
HOW LONG WILL THE PROCEDURE TAKE?
Clients should set aside about 2-3 hours for their eyebrow embroidery appointment. The initial consultation, review of individual needs/preferences, and professional recommendation from Christopher takes about 30 minutes. This is followed by 30 minutes of designing + shaping the new brows, color blending, and allowing the topical anesthetic to take effect before procedure begins. Once the procedure begins, it takes about 45-60 minutes to complete ‘level 1’ embroidery and 75-90 minutes to complete ‘level 2’ embroidery.
WHY DO I NEED TO COME BACK 4-6 WEEKS AFTER MY INITIAL APPOINTMENT?
Within the first two weeks after the initial appointment, brow pigment fades 30-40%. The follow-up appointment allows for touch-ups to any and all areas of the brows that may need additional pigment. This 30-minute touch-up session should be scheduled to ensure the best, long-lasting results.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
Expect slight swelling and possible redness which usually subsides within 24-48 hours. Initially, your ‘new brows’ will appear darker, brighter and thicker until they completely heal. To preserve the new pigmentation as much as possible: (1) apply SPF 45+ sunscreen daily, (2) avoid any exfoliation/use of facial scrubs around eyebrow area, (3) use A+D ointment religiously for week one after the procedure, especially before swimming. **Aftercare and written instructions will be provided.**
HOW LONG WILL MY 3D Microblading last?
Miami Brows uses the finest pigments available. However, naturally all pigments/color soften and fade over time – usually between 1-3 yrs. Sun exposure, sweat, exfoliation, tanning beds, certain creams, acne products, and natural skin sloughing tend to fade eyebrow pigmentation over time. Because of this, annual touch-up may be desired.
Pre/Post Care for Microblading
Please read through the before and aftercare pages before setting your consultation appointment to ensure that you are an ideal candidate for permanent makeup. Please do not bring children or pets to your appointment. 48 hour cancellations are required for all appointments, if client does not cancel in time/ does not show up a 20% fee will be charged
Eyebrow Before Care
- Do not work out the day of the procedure.
- Do not tan or have sunburned face.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or IBUprofen 24 hours before procedure.
- No alcohol or caffeine on the day of the procedure.
- No waxing or tinting 3 days before.
- Please note that you will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
- NO water, cleansers, creams, makeup or any other products on treated area for 10 days.
- 4-5 hours after the procedure, clean the area with sterile water and a cotton pad, gauze or q-tip and allow to air dry.
- DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking can cause scarring.
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 3-4 weeks after procedure.
- Avoid heavy sweating for the first 10 days.
- NO facials, botox, chemical treatments and microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
- Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days.
Please note: Eyebrows will appear darker and bolder due to natural scabbing and healing for the first 10 days. This is very common for all permanent cosmetic procedures.
Permanent makeup is NOT recommended for any clients who are or have:
- Pregnant or nursing
- Undergoing Chemotherapy (consult your doctor)
- Viral infections and/or diseases
- A Pacemaker or major heart problems
- Had an Organ transplant
- Skin irritations or Psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
- Sick (cold, flu, etc.)
- Had Botox in the past 2 months
- Used Accutane in the past yearType your paragraph here.